Timber and Wood Products Branch

The Timber and Wood Products Branch handles facilities that generally fall within the SIC Codes of 24, 25, and 26. These include but are not limited to those facilities engaged in the following manufacturing operations: pulp and paper mills, sawmills, plywood and particleboard plants, veneer, wood pallets, furniture plants, wood preserving (except RCRA sites), paperboard mills, corrugated and solid fiber box, wet decks, and miscellaneous paper products.


*The Permit Board on Environmental Quality reissued the statewide Wet Deck Log Spray with Recirculation General Permit (MSG17) on July 31, 2017. The Wet Deck Log Spray General Permit covers the State of Mississippi and authorizes discharges associated with wet deck log spray recirculation systems and other de minimus wastewaters from wet deck log spray recirculation ponds. This general permit replaces the previous general permit that expired on April 30, 2016. A Re-Coverage Form and Letter of Instruction will be mailed to everyone that holds an active coverage. Coverage recipients wishing to be covered under the reissued general permit must submit a Re-Coverage Form within 45 days of the date of the Letter of Instruction. The Re-Coverage Form can be found HERE. The Wet Deck Log Spray with Recirculation General Permit can be accessed HERE.

If you have any questions concerning the General Permit, the Notice of Intent, or the permitting process for obtaining coverage please contact Scott Hodges, Chief of the Timber and Wood Products Permitting Branch at (601) 961-5672 or by email.

Commonly Used Applications and General PermitsOther Technical Guidance

Wet Deck Log Spray GP
Re-Coverage NOI
Wet Deck Forms Package
Buffer Zone Waver Form

Contact Information

For more information contact the staff of the Timber and Wood Products Branch of EPD.

Mailing Address
P. O. Box 2261
Jackson, MS 39225

Physical Address
515 East Amite Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Link to Map

AP-42 Emission Factors
Technical Support Document for Water Quality-based Toxics Control (TSD)
U.S. EPA NPDES Permit Writer's Manual
Planning & Design Manual for the Control of Erosion
Sediment and Stormwater
"Profile of the Lumber and Wood Products Industry" (EPA 310-R-95-006)