Typical Compliance and Enforcement Questions

How can I file a complaint about an environmental problem?

    You may call (601) 961-5171 and tell the operator that you wish to report an environmental problem. Please be prepared to explain the nature of the problem and give the location of the problem, including directions to the site. You do not have to give your name; however, if you wish MDEQ to either contact you during the investigation or provide you with the results of the investigation, you must leave your name and contact information.

    Does industry receive notice prior to an inspection being performed by ECED?

    Typically, inspections performed by ECED are unannounced.